Saturday 22 May 2021

DOCUMENTING MY HOME (ADVENTURES)

Wow it's 22 May already. Time flies huh. 

Finally I'm documenting my (temporary) home which I moved into end of last year - just some photos around the tiny house for memory sake :) Space is limited and I tried my best to marie kondo items (I still failed). I love this location so much that I don't want to move out. I told everyone that I'm like Mr Fredrickson (from the movie Up) lol I'm not gonna budge when it's time to leave!!!

the table I sat at for zoom lessons
my music keyboard on the left
the tiny kitchen counter
my tiny space for all my instruments which I may want to wall mount next time
I need tips on how to store guitar bags though
the rattan TV console that I DIY-ed 
special thanks to my friends for the turkish lamp and the calendar :) 
IKEA BESTA shelf + rattan webbings bought online + gorilla glue = magic (and save $$$)
I love building furniture so fwens if you need help I'd be glad :D 
my bedside and reading lamp + a moon lamp
not to forget my favourite 2 mengmengs

the toilet that I got used to eventually
there was no gas stoves or proper kitchen counter top for cooking so we DIY-ed this kitchen island
also one of the hardest furniture to build and carrying this up to the 2nd floor killed my knee
not even kidding I have to wear a knee guard now
Vietnam hat <3
and a bunch of sauces/tea bags/seasonings haha damn
the table where I sit when I jam/practice/record stuff or game/edit photos
my sunshine mat + a photo of my gate because since moving here, I never understood why neighbours liked looking in. Why people whyyyyy just use your peripheral vision. It made me so uncomfortable that whenever I hear footsteps I'll hide haha!
I usually close the door but it gets hot inside most of the time.

What I'll miss- convenient location, easy to clean small house, coffee shop downstairs with good tehbing & duck rice and super friendly caifan stall guy, $2 watermelon juice, walking to my new hangout spot aka NTUC, buying Hollin bbt w/o the bb, the 2 bff cats downstairs, cooking on a portable induction stove, the times my friends came over and chilled til 3am, random shouting opposite my block, random rooster (& his 2 chick-ens oh you terrible rooster) that crows at freaking 5pm, thinking of ways to get rid of lizards (all you need is a magiclean stick and tape the flat surface with lizard sticky trap and bam! smack that bugger sorry RIP) or just get Lizzy the spray and spray everywhere, the home econs teacher in the school opposite my kitchen window who thinks she's Gordon Ramsey "WHAT YOU WAITING FOR? ADD OIL NAOOOOO!!!!". What else? :) 

Something I learnt- food insecurity. I eventually volunteered at Willing Hearts because I really wanted to know more about this issue in SG it's really good if you can take the time to volunteer! They need most help at 5-8.30am 'cos that's when we pack food & deliver out to houses. (update: oh crap I think the new covid regulations don't allow volunteering)

What I won't miss- tbh? Nothing. Ok fine, maybe that 1 legged crow outside my kitchen that keeps crowing every day and the pigeons that chill outside the kitchen window and frighten me 'cos I hate pigeons (they're secretly evil). The humidity in the house 'cos sunlight is blocked. The mosquitoes that bite me every week that I actually lodged a complaint to NEA. The super long overhead bridge to the bus stop. Oh yes and that idiot who shot a dart at the crow's wing you better watch your back if I find you. 
 
That's all! I'm a very sentimental person so I figured it'll be good to snap some photos to keep as memory :D bye bye butterfly

As I type this while listening to Spotify, 
Spencer says "Hey Google!"
Me shouts from the toilet while peeing "NO DON'T CHANGE MY SONG" 
Google says "Thank you. I love helping you!"

#lifeasmaycey
With love,
Maycey

No comments:

Post a Comment